Definition of senecio in English:
noun (plural senecios)
A plant of a genus that includes the ragworts and groundsels. Many kinds are cultivated as ornamentals and some are poisonous weeds of grassland.
- Genus Senecio, family Compositae
- Plant up your pots, containers and window boxes with evergreen foliage plants such as senecio, ivy and skimmia to give you winter interest.
- A square pewter container was next, containing black dogwood stems, large green chrysanthemums, white lilies, the palest green flowers surrounded by senecio and rosemary, and yellow cymbidium orchids cascading over the edge.
- Another garden has a towering eryngium, variegated agapanthus, cotoneaster, the bottle brush tree, senecio, a red leafed Trachelospermum and a cotinus - a wonderful contrast of shades and shapes.
Definition of senecio in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan