- A microscopic mass of fragmented and decaying nerve terminals around an amyloid core, numbers of which occur in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s disease.More example sentences
- The vaccine induces an immune response specifically against beta-amyloid (the protein that makes up senile plaques in Alzheimer's) and has been shown to reduce and prevent plaque formation in mice.
- A team from the University of Western Australia found that deposits known as senile plaques seen in the brains of Alzheimer's patients were composed of a new type of protein, which they called beta amyloid.
- Several types of senile plaques have also been found in the brains of Alzheimer's disease patients, including diffuse, neuritic, and burned out plaques.
More definitions of senile plaqueDefinition of senile plaque in:
- The British & World English dictionary