- 1The fact or state of being older or higher in position or status than someone else: one by one, in order of seniority, employees' names were calledMore example sentences
- There ought to be a proper sequence according to seniority.
- He has an admirable faith in technology, unlike many others of his seniority in the Indian Police.
- Under the old agreement, pensions ceased to increase in value beyond 30 years of seniority.
- 2A privileged position earned by reason of longer service or higher rank: pay and benefits rise with seniorityMore example sentences
- Thank you, Mr Chairperson, for acknowledging seniority.
- Promotion in the service must be on the basis of merit, not seniority.
- Afterwards he was awarded six months additional seniority for meritorious war service.