- 1The cassia tree.More example sentences
- Senna grows in most tropical regions of the world.
- Even we do not use irrigation and fumigation to our field used for growing senna.
- 1.1A laxative prepared from the dried pods of the cassia tree.More example sentences
- The non-osmotic laxatives, phenolphthalein and senna, partly act by stimulating secretory mechanisms in the intestine.
- Do not use strong laxatives, such as the stimulant laxative senna, on a routine basis unless on the advice of doctor, because long term use of such laxatives can be harmful.
- A 40-year-old woman with Rett syndrome presented to her general practitioner with a long-standing history of abdominal pain, loss of appetite, and constipation requiring laxatives including senna.
mid 16th century: from medieval Latin sena, from Arabic sanā.
More definitions of sennaDefinition of senna in:
- The British & World English dictionary