- The advocacy or practice of separation of a certain group of people from a larger body on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or gender: French Canadian separatismMore example sentences
- The Liberals also do very well on the economy, terrorism, leadership and separatism.
- The curse of nationalism and religious separatism has to be recognised and accepted as a force.
- Among the most common of these are ethnic separatism and communal violence.
More definitions of separatismDefinition of separatism in:
- The British & World English dictionary