- 1A machine or device that separates something into its constituent or distinct elements: a magnetic separatorMore example sentences
- Minerals were separated with a magnetic separator and further separation of micas was carried out using a vibrating table and handpicking in an attempt to achieve maximum purity.
- The rubble-crushing system includes an impact crusher plant, conveyors, an electromagnetic separator, and a screen plant.
- Units must ensure that training for maintenance operations in hot weather includes fuel system troubleshooting and diagnosis, including examination of pumps, injectors, fuel lines, filters, and separators.
- 1.1Something that keeps two or more things apart: most mail daemons use commas as separators between addressesMore example sentences
- Next, weave Kleenex between toes to keep them apart, or use a toe separator.
- Several window manufacturers now sandwich foam separators, nylon spacers, and insulation materials such as poly-styrene and rockwool between the glass inside their windows.
- Two- and three-rail fences are nice landscape separators, while the taller four- and five-rail versions make a stout fence for animals.
More definitions of separatorDefinition of separator in:
- The British & World English dictionary