noun (plural sephiroth /-ˈfi(ə)rˌōt, -ˌōs/)
- (In cabalism) each of the ten attributes or emanations surrounding the Infinite and by means of which it relates to the finite. They are represented as spheres on the Tree of Life.More example sentences
- This double triangle-Seal of Solomon, star of David-corresponded to the middle sephiroth of the Kaballah tree, the sephiroth which joins heaven and earth-top and bottom of the tree-to its male and female left and right.
- This idea of separation or exile from divinity mirrors very closely the use of the Abyss on the modern Tree to divide the sephiroth representing a human being from the sephiroth representing God.
- The Kabbalah speaks of visions of the sephiroth.
from Hebrew sĕp̱īrāh.
More definitions of sephiraDefinition of sephira in:
- The British & World English dictionary