adjectiveAnatomy & Biology
Having or partitioned by a septum or septa.
- Faint brown septate hyphae and moniliform fungal elements were found in the granuloma.
- By contrast, the ascomycetes and basidiomycetes are septate; their filaments are partitioned by cellular cross-walls called septa.
- Microscopically, the fungus produces solitary oval to dumbbell-shaped conidia on short, unbranched conidiophores lateral to septate hyphae.
- Example sentences
- It is not clear whether capillary invasion stimulates alveolar septation or vice versa, but alveolar septation is always associated with capillary invasion.
- A careful search for true septations revealed at least rare septation in all cases.
- Internal septations, polypoid lesions extending into the lumen and irregular shapes seem to be associated with the malignant variety, although some papillary processes may be seen in mucinous cystadenomas.
Definition of septate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.