Definition of septicemia in English:
Blood poisoning, especially that caused by bacteria or their toxins.
- Autopsy figures show we die from cancer, heart disease, pneumonia and septicemia and pulmonary emboli in that order.
- Now health chiefs are considering whether a further jab which fights bacterial meningitis, septicemia and pneumonia could save lives.
- A ‘very sick’ young infant may have pneumonia, septicaemia, and meningitis.
- Example sentences
- Person-to-person spread of bubonic or septicemic plague does not occur; however, pneumonic plague is highly contagious.
- In humans, plague occurs in three forms: bubonic plague, pneumonic plague, and septicemic plague.
- In this paper we review the microbiological, clinical and epidemiological observations in patients with septicaemic melioidosis, confirmed by the isolation of organisms from blood culture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.