- 1 (usually septuplets) Each of seven children born at one birth.More example sentences
- A father whose wife gave birth to septuplets and had in the past lost two children has thanked God for the new additions to his family.
- When she gave birth to septuplets, she became an instant heroine.
- When I sat down to watch the Academy Award nominations in my apartment, I felt as if I was birthing septuplets.
late 19th century: from Latin septuplus (see septuple), on the pattern of words such as triplet.
More definitions of septupletDefinition of septuplet in:
- The British & World English dictionary