Definition of sequencer in English:
1A programmable electronic device for storing sequences of musical notes, chords, or rhythms and transmitting them when required to an electronic musical instrument.
- Kraftwerk used and combined synthesizers, vocoders, custom-built sequencers, rudimentary rhythm boxes, and home made drum pads in a fashion unlike anything previously heard.
- If you wanted, for instance, to send the output of an analog sequencer to multiple synths, you had to literally provide a sequencer for each synth.
- My main instrument is the guitar, although I also use keyboards, synthesisers, and sequencers in my musical meanderings.
2 Biochemistry An apparatus for determining the sequence of amino acids or other monomers in a biological polymer.
- The center's laboratory was recently equipped with a DNA sequencer, an apparatus that allows her to identify individual fish by their genes.
- Going straight from the microbial to the human genome was a big step because when we set this up we didn't know for sure that the DNA sequencers would work.
- DNA sequencing was carried out using the dye termination kit and an automatic sequencer.
Definition of sequencer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan