- Following in a sequence or as a logical conclusion.More example sentences
- Venus and Adonis and The Rape of Lucrece are discourses, sequent and complementary, on sex.
- It may, however, yield a more sequent conclusion if one minor change in the text be made.
- We have to accept the vicissitude sequent on a violated treaty.
mid 16th century: from Old French, or from Latin sequent- 'following' (see sequence).
More definitions of sequentDefinition of sequent in:
- The British & World English dictionary