1Forming or following in a logical order or sequence: a series of sequential steps
More example sentences
- Imaging, analyzing, and decisionmaking, which once proceeded in distinct, often lengthy, sequential steps, now occur almost simultaneously.
- This reaction was expected considering that the training dealt with highly technical subject material that required tedious attention to detail and sequential steps.
- The analyses involved three sequential steps.
1.1chiefly Computing Performed or used in sequence: sequential processing of data files
More example sentences
- This is also true of cache memory, which has been proven to greatly improve performance for sequential data streams.
- A wide variety of structured activities are supported, including sequential and parallel processing and condition looping.
- It might have been desirable to perform sequential multiple regression analyses to evaluate the unique contribution of each type of maltreatment experience to our results on startle.
- Example sentences
- His basic error arose from his belief that the truth of narratives was incompatible with the usual way of presenting them: that is, in books which by their very technology insisted on a spurious sequentiality.
- Audiences consequently endure a relentless sequentiality, one slide after another.
- A conditional move instruction tests a register and moves a second register to a third if the condition is met; this function can be substituted for short branches and thus maintain the sequentiality of the instruction stream.
Early 19th century (as a medical term in the sense 'following as a secondary condition'): from sequence, on the pattern of consequential.
Words that rhyme with sequentialcadential, confidential, consequential, credential, deferential, differential, essential, evidential, existential, experiential, exponential, influential, intelligential, irreverential, jurisprudential, penitential, pestilential, potential, preferential, presidential, providential, prudential, quintessential, referential, residential, reverential, sapiential, sciential, sentential, tangential, torrential
Definition of sequential in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.