- A redwood tree, especially the California redwood.More example sentences
- The most common forms included beech-like trees, poplars, willows, cattails, sumac, soapberry, and conifers such as pines, sequoias, and false cypress.
- There are these trees called sequoias in the west of my country and they grow to be about as big as those pines.
- Visit here on Dec. 14 and participate in the annual trek to the General Grant Tree, the third-largest sequoia in the United States.
from modern Latin Sequoia (genus name), from Sequoya.
More definitions of sequoiaDefinition of sequoia in:
- The British & World English dictionary