Definition of Serbian in English:
1The Southern Slavic language of the Serbs, almost identical to Croatian but written in the Cyrillic alphabet. See Serbo-Croat.
- Since independence, Croatian and Serbian have been declared separate languages.
- He reportedly speaks Croatian, Serbian, English, and of course, Russian.
- The polyglot Pope, at intervals, addressed the crowd in Romanian, Serbian, Croatian, Czech, and Polish.
2 another term for Serb.
- The other recognized minorities are Slovaks, Croatians, Serbians, Romanians, Slovenians, Germans, Greeks, Ukrainians and Armenians.
- There were Croatians, Serbians, many Romanians and other students.
- In the instability of post-war Europe displaced Serbians made their way to Bradford and West Yorkshire.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Serbia, the Serbs, or their language.
- Finally, it has been acknowledged that this problem must be immediately addressed - either weeks of Serbian pleas have finally gotten through, or press coverage is getting more intense.
- The highway will stretch for 107 km on Serbian territory, starting from Nis, passing by Klisura and through Bela Palanka and reaching the Bulgarian border via Pirot.
- The third and final day, Sunday, will focus on Serbian films, including the masterpiece ‘No Man's Land,’ as well as Algerian films.
Definition of Serbian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.