Definition of serif in English:
A slight projection finishing off a stroke of a letter in certain typefaces.
- On paper it's easier to read serif fonts, because the serifs help the letters blend together and it is physically easier on the eyes and brain.
- It makes a nice contrast with the serif fonts we use for body text, and manages to convey both the technical expertise and relative newness of the company.
- Have the guidelines for the electronic environment been validated, or are they like the ‘truism’ that a typeface with serifs is more readable than one without them?
- Example sentences
- That's a cool, subtly seriffed font.
- In the context of a seriffed font, the euro symbol will be seriffed, too.
Words that rhyme with serifsheriff
Definition of serif in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan