Definition of serine in English:
A hydrophilic amino acid that is a constituent of most proteins.
- Chemical formula: CH2OHCHNH2COOH
- The active site of trypsin involves a catalytic triad consisting of the amino acids serine, histidine and aspartic acid.
- In animal cells serine, threonine and tyrosine are the amino acids subject to phosphorylation.
- Hydroxyl radicals oxidize amino acids such as lysine, serine, arginine, and proline.
Definition of serine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.