- A hydrophilic amino acid that is a constituent of most proteins.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH2OHCHNH2COOH
- The active site of trypsin involves a catalytic triad consisting of the amino acids serine, histidine and aspartic acid.
- In animal cells serine, threonine and tyrosine are the amino acids subject to phosphorylation.
- Hydroxyl radicals oxidize amino acids such as lysine, serine, arginine, and proline.
late 19th century: from Latin sericum 'silk' + -ine4.
More definitions of serineDefinition of serine in:
- The British & World English dictionary