Definition of serosa in English:
The tissue of a serous membrane.
- Multiple smaller polypoid masses, ranging from 0.2 to 1.1 cm, were present in the mucosa, submucosa, and serosa of the surrounding duodenum.
- Scattered apoptosis and proliferation in the injured epithelium, lamina propria and serosa accompany the peak inflammatory cell infiltration on day 7.
- A portion of the cystic mass showed benign bladder smooth muscle and serosa focally adhered to the outer cyst wall.
- Example sentences
- First a nonspecific inflammation of the mucosa and submucosa is seen followed by widespread superficial ulceration, then muscular and serosal involvement leading to a rigid short colon is seen.
- It is generally confined to the submucosa, muscularis, and serosal layers, making endoscopic diagnosis difficult.
- No inflammation was seen in the muscular and serosal layers of the appendix.
Modern Latin, feminine of medieval Latin serosus 'serous'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.