Definition of serow in English:
A goat-antelope with short sharp horns, long coarse hair, and a beard, native to forested mountain slopes of Southeast Asia, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Genus Capricornis, family Bovidae: three species
- He spotted a fearsomely sharp horn from a serow and offered the family $150 for it, but they weren't selling.
- Endangered species include tapir, guar and banteng, wild buffalo, serow, red dog, Asiatic elephant, and leopard.
- Goat-like, the serow stands about 3.5 feet at the shoulder with a stocky body, thick neck, large head and ears, and short limbs.
mid 19th century: probably from Lepcha sā-ro.
Definition of serow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan