Definition of serow in English:
A goat-antelope with short sharp horns, long coarse hair, and a beard, native to forested mountain slopes of Southeast Asia, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Genus Capricornis, family Bovidae: three species
- He spotted a fearsomely sharp horn from a serow and offered the family $150 for it, but they weren't selling.
- Endangered species include tapir, guar and banteng, wild buffalo, serow, red dog, Asiatic elephant, and leopard.
- Goat-like, the serow stands about 3.5 feet at the shoulder with a stocky body, thick neck, large head and ears, and short limbs.
Mid 19th century: probably from Lepcha sā-ro.
Definition of serow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.