1A roadside area where services are available to motorists.
- Work on the new service area is due to start in May, and is due for completion next January.
- So he picked up the tools, left the service area, and completed the repairs himself.
- Temporary facilities have been in place since the former service area was wrecked in a fierce fire last October.
2The area covered by the signal of a broadcasting station.
- Region X refers to the nine-county service area surrounding Dallas.
- When I am sitting in a restaurant waiting for a lunch companion, or in traffic in a cab, if I am lucky, my daughter will be willing, available, and within the service area to talk to me.
- This type of technology is called ‘cellular’ because the system uses base stations to divide a service area into multiple ‘cells.’
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: serv·ice ar·e·a
Definition of service area in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.