Definition of service area in English:
1A roadside area where services are available to motorists.
- Work on the new service area is due to start in May, and is due for completion next January.
- So he picked up the tools, left the service area, and completed the repairs himself.
- Temporary facilities have been in place since the former service area was wrecked in a fierce fire last October.
2The area covered by the signal of a broadcasting station.
- Region X refers to the nine-county service area surrounding Dallas.
- When I am sitting in a restaurant waiting for a lunch companion, or in traffic in a cab, if I am lucky, my daughter will be willing, available, and within the service area to talk to me.
- This type of technology is called ‘cellular’ because the system uses base stations to divide a service area into multiple ‘cells.’
Definition of service area in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan