Definition of servitude in English:
1The state of being a slave or completely subject to someone more powerful.
- Her status as slave condemns her to a life of servitude, with little or no control over her future.
- A freed slave could be returned to servitude for helping a slave escape or for striking a white.
- Many of the slaves are seen as passive, enjoying their servitude with a crude, animalistic joy.
1.1 Law , archaic The subjection of property to an easement.
- Land includes buildings and other structures, land covered with water, and any estate, interest, easement, servitude in or over land.
- Baronial jurisdiction was abolished, as was personal servitude, but dues and services attached to land tenure remained unless they were redeemed.
Words that rhyme with servitudeconsuetude
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.