- A poem with six stanzas of six lines and a final triplet, all stanzas having the same six words at the line-ends in six different sequences that follow a fixed pattern, and with all six words appearing in the closing three-line envoi.More example sentences
- We don't get much form poetry, and we haven't had a sestina in at least four years.
- We might at first imagine it as the sestina's final cathartic pinnacle.
- We'll be doing sestinas by the end of the week at this rate.
mid 19th century: from Italian, from sesto (see sestet).
More definitions of sestinaDefinition of sestina in:
- The British & World English dictionary