- (Of something unpleasant or unwelcome) begin and seem likely to continue: less hardy plants should be brought inside before cold weather sets inMore example sentences
begin, start, arrive, come, develop
- Before the cold weather sets in, have your central heating serviced to ensure you keep your energy bills down.
- But to get the real benefits of cheaper gas and electricity as the cold weather sets in, it is best to act now.
- As the boats were being lowered the Tuscania took on a list to starboard and panic began to set in.
More definitions of set inDefinition of set in in:
- The British & World English dictionary