- (In tennis and other sports) a point that, if won by a contestant, will also win the set.More example sentences
- In the tiebreaker, he finally converted on his third set point when the Swiss swatted a backhand long.
- The Russian finally clinched the set on her fourth set point when Williams dumped a tame forehand return into the net.
- Moya took a 6-3 lead in the tiebreaker, but couldn't capitalise on three set points as Agassi evened the score.
More definitions of set pointDefinition of set point in:
- The British & World English dictionary