Definition of Setswana in English:
The Bantu language of the Tswana people, related to the Sotho languages and spoken by over 4 million people in southern Africa. It is one of the official languages of South Africa. Also called Tswana.
- Her poems are crafted about the identity of black people in South Africa and she writes in Setswana and Sepedi.
- The signs are in English and Setswana - none of the Bushmen in the reserve read either of these languages.
- Ninety percent of the population is said to speak Setswana.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Setswana.
- They gave, as a mnemonic device, new Setswana names for each of the two colors.
- At the end of each term, those who had done well would receive a prize for their efforts; an atlas, perhaps, or a Setswana Bible, or some other book which would be useful at school.
- More than four-fifths of it is made up of the Kalahari desert, and little grows in a land where water is so scarce its monetary unit is the pula - the Setswana word for ‘rain’.
The name in Setswana.
Words that rhyme with SetswanaAfricana, Afrikaner, Americana, ana, banana, Botswana, bwana, cabana, caragana, Christiana, Dana, darner, Edwardiana, garner, Georgiana, Ghana, Gloriana, Guiana, gymkhana, Haryana, iguana, Lana, lantana, liana, Lipizzaner, Ljubljana, Mahayana, mana, mañana, marijuana, nirvana, Oriana, pacarana, piranha, prana, Purana, Rosh Hashana, Santayana, sultana, Tatiana, Tijuana, Tirana, tramontana, Tswana, varna, Victoriana, zenana
Definition of Setswana in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.