- 1Tending to be associated with one sex or the other.More example sentences
- I'm pretty convinced that baldness is genetic but isn't sex-linked.
- The sound anthropological position is that certain sex-linked behaviors are biologically based, although subject to cultural modifications within limits.
- We resist recognizing that our most serious social problems are sex-linked.
- 1.1(Of a gene or heritable characteristic) carried by a sex chromosome.More example sentences
- The disorder is inherited as a sex-linked trait, with the HGPRT gene on the X chromosome.
- However, males who inherit an X chromosome with a gene for a sex-linked disease have no second X to fall back on and, therefore, have the disease.
- Hemophilia A, a sex-linked recessive trait carried by females and manifested in males, is a blood-clotting disorder brought about by a deficiency in certain substances responsible for normal blood coagulation.
More definitions of sex-linkedDefinition of sex-linked in:
- The British & World English dictionary