Counseling or other therapy that addresses a person’s psychological or physical sexual problems.
- Through the use of bibliotherapy the relative contribution of the nonspecific factor of therapist attention in sex therapy has been investigated.
- If you answer yes to at least three of the questions below, you may benefit from sex therapy to treat Hypoactive Sexual Desire.
- The role of psychological, psychosocial, and psychosexual correlates of the orgasm experience would be useful in determining the course of sex therapy for those presenting with orgasmic difficulties.
sex therapist noun
- Example sentences
- A sex therapist may be a psychologist, social worker, psychiatrist, or nurse who specializes in problems dealing with sexuality and sexual functioning.
- So these physicians who may not be motivated to bring on a sex therapist are now motivated to participate in a clinical trial, and then that model becomes the norm.
- First, I would suggest a support group regarding the ‘condition’, a counselor for both of you, and an individual therapist for you alone, and perhaps a sex therapist to help you deal with that aspect.
Definition of sex therapy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.