Definition of sextuplet in English:
1Each of six children born at one birth.
- Across town at Via Christi Medical Center, Sondra and Eldon Headrick were also dealing with the media frenzy generated by the birth of their sextuplets one day after the Tetrick boys were born April 5.
- A woman in the US has given birth to sextuplets and doctors say the three boys and three girls are doing well.
- A woman pregnant with sextuplets has given birth to the five remaining babies more than a week after delivering the first, a hospital official said Saturday.
2 Music A group of six notes to be performed in the time of four.
- Here the texture is comprised of rushing chromatic sextuplets in the strings, an approach which is strongly reminiscent of the drowning music heard in Act 3 of Wozzeck.
- At one point, triplets and septuplets in the left hand are pitted against quintuplets and sextuplets in the right hand.
Mid 19th century: from sextuple, on the pattern of words such as triplet.
Words that rhyme with sextupletmoonlit • fruitlet
Definition of sextuplet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.