- The production of new living organisms by combining genetic information from two individuals of different types (sexes). In most higher organisms, one sex (male) produces a small motile gamete that travels to fuse with a larger stationary gamete produced by the other (female).More example sentences
- This is due to the fact that all organisms that rely on sexual reproduction have only two known options to redistribute the output of hunting-gathering activity: eusociality or market exchange.
- But then they argue that genetic engineering and sexual reproduction are essentially the same.
- The two forms of reproduction, sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction or budding, make for great efficiency and flexibility and are characteristic of the life histories of many other reef organisms.
More definitions of sexual reproductionDefinition of sexual reproduction in:
- The British & World English dictionary