- Spar with an imaginary opponent as a form of training.More example sentences
- Greer scorns the spectacle of ‘a modern Hamlet bumbling and dithering around the stage, shadow-boxing with his own personality, especially when the part is played in a cinematic inward-turning way.’
- The words sound very outspoken and authoritative, but are really shadow-boxing: nobody who is sufficiently civilised in approach to be reading such a book is likely to disagree with them.
- Things are going to go wrong on the first day, but it is like shadow-boxing: it is not going to be the real fight.
noun(shadow box) Back to top
- A case with a protective transparent front, used for displaying jewelry, coins, or other small objects.More example sentences
- I then lined the shadow box with Crescent wheat mat board before cutting two 1/4-inch plywood boards to fit into the back rabbet of the frame.
- I attached the framed photo in one corner by drilling two 1/4-inch holes into the easel (drilling just one will allow it to swivel within the frame) and screwing it to the bottom of the shadow box.
- Using wire and polyurethane, her works may take the form of a shadow box, such as ‘Permeance’, or as a figural sculpture, such as ‘Goodbye Goddess’.
More definitions of shadowboxDefinition of shadowbox in:
- The British & World English dictionary