(Of a person or their conduct) characterized by or showing a lack of shame: his shameless hypocrisy
More example sentences
- I'm pretty shameless about that, because at a certain point that becomes your challenge because you get bored.
- Each time I met this shameless fellow, my first instinct was to slap him and tell him to get lost.
- He was shameless, he knew what buttons to push and readily did so.
- Example sentences
- Paul gave evidence of my promiscuity and of my shamelessness in seducing him away from his betrothed for the satisfaction of my base lustful cravings.
- As the postscript to ‘Curry, Cricket, and Cramps’ suggests, shamelessness is a function of the narrative act itself; it is the willingness to speak about what is ‘not publicly-aired enough.’
- It would mean untangling the strains of triumphalism that run through American culture, from the way we celebrate victories on the sports field to the festivals of public shamelessness and humiliation visible on ‘reality’ TV shows.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.