(also shea tree)
- A small tropical African tree that bears oily nuts from which shea butter is obtained.
More example sentences
- Vitellaria paradoxa (or Butyrospermum parkii), family Sapotaceae
- The tradition is passed on from medicine women and the male herbal doctors: at birth, babies are covered by the midwife in shea butter, made from the nuts of the shea tree.
- Shea butter, which is extracted from shea tree nuts found in West Africa, is said to be ‘one of the best all-natural beauty products that nature offers.’
late 18th century: from Mande sye.
More definitions of sheaDefinition of shea in:
- The British & World English dictionary