1A sheep that has been shorn once: [as modifier]: a group of shearling rams
More example sentences
- Wednesday October 2 will see the breeding sheep, with some 3,00 ewes and gimmer shearlings, starting at 10 am, followed by 280 rams at noon.
- The order of sale will be slightly different in that first will come the gimmer shearlings followed by breeding ewes then store lambs and, finally, tups.
- Last year's ewe lambs that would have been away - wintered and are now shearlings (shorn once), will now enter the flock to replace both the draft and the worn ewes.
1.1Wool or fleece from a shearling sheep.
- Put away heavy and dark wools and tweeds, fur, shearling, mohair, angora, cashmere, down-filled or quilted leather or suede items, chunky wool knits, flannel and fleece.
- Now they can choose from softer, shabby chic styles to sophisticated uses of toile, cashmere, leather and shearling.
- Make your coffee run in cushy style with this cashmere pullover and merino shearling vest.
1.2chiefly US A coat made from or lined with shearling wool.
- While it lacks the glamour factor of soft sensuous fur, a shearling's ability to keep out the cold is indisputable.
- For products like shearlings, we usually apply some texturing in the design software so the customers can get a better idea of the final product.
- I want somewhere I can fall into, throw off the seven-layer garb, and dine knowing those around me aren't hoping Bill Cunningham will shoot them for the ‘Sunday Styles’ section in their new shearling.
Words that rhyme with shearlingyearling
Definition of shearling in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.