Definition of sheep tick in English:
A large tick that infests many mammals, including humans, and frequently transmits diseases.
- Ixodes ricinus, family Ixodidae
- But researchers are increasingly convinced that Ixodes ricunus, or the common sheep tick, could be the cause of some of the world's most mystifying diseases.
- There is little doubt that a decade of gradual decline has continued, caused by a combination of disease, from sheep ticks and a gut parasite, warmer winters and wetter springs.
- Since the early 1980s The Game Conservancy Trust has been studying the impact of sheep ticks and the disease louping ill on red grouse in Scotland.
Definition of sheep tick in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.