Definition of sheeted in English:
1Covered with or enveloped in a sheet of cloth: the sheeted body
More example sentences
- I turned in my bed and the covers fell off the sheeted mattress onto the floor and I shivered slightly at the loss of the warmth that the blankets had afforded me.
- Their mother stepped over the sheeted body with a smile.
2 Geology (Of rock) fissured or divided into layers, especially by faulting.
- The ophiolite contains a complete igneous stratigraphy of serpentinized ultramafics, gabbro, sheeted dykes and pillow lavas, as described by Moores.
- The boundary between the sheeted dykes and pillow lavas is tectonic, and because of shearing, the pillow basalts are locally poorly preserved.
- We have mapped the entire Spontang ophiolite region where we recognize a complete upper mantle sequence of harzburgite and crustal gabbroic, sheeted dykes and pillow lava succession.
Definition of sheeted in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan