Definition of shell-shocked in English:
1Suffering from shell shock.
- The film is about a shell-shocked WWI veteran, who becomes obsessed with restoring the intricate mechanical Harrison clocks, regardless of the personal cost.
- He returned shell-shocked, eligible for a full pension.
- The term "shell shocked" became well known during the Vietnam War.
1.1Shocked or confused because of a sudden alarming experience: he told shell-shocked investors that the company needed still more money to survive the year
More example sentences
- Each film was a devastating experience which left me almost shell-shocked.
- Stand-off Paul Cooke's conversion was astray, providing some relief for the shell-shocked Bulls.
- Jol looked shell-shocked, unsure whether to laugh or cry.
World War I: with reference to exposure to shellfire.
Definition of shell-shocked in:
- British & World English dictionary