noun (plural same)
- (In Chinese thought) the spiritual element of a person’s psyche.More example sentences
- The heart houses the shen, or spirits, and the shen's presence radiates and shines from a person's eyes and face.
- Other side-effects include abnormal dreams involving either the shen / heart spirit or the hun/ethereal soul.
- The shen are indestructible and immutable; they transcend Yin and Yang.
from Chinese shén.
More definitions of shenDefinition of shen in:
- The British & World English dictionary