Definition of shepherd's needle in English:
A white-flowered Eurasian plant of the parsley family, with long, needle-shaped fruit.
- Scandix pecten-veneris, family Umbelliferae
- Flowers, such as cornflowers, scarlet pimpernel and shepherd's needle, used to be a common sight in the county's cornfields 50 years ago, but today many are rare, or even extinct.
- The report suggests that the species most at risk are the plants associated with arable habitats - including highly threatened species such as cornflower and shepherd's needle.
- Prints of the cornflower and shepherd's needle are available from the English Nature Press Office.
Definition of shepherd's needle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan