A white-flowered Eurasian plant of the parsley family, with long, needle-shaped fruit.
- Scandix pecten-veneris, family Umbelliferae
More example sentences
- Flowers, such as cornflowers, scarlet pimpernel and shepherd's needle, used to be a common sight in the county's cornfields 50 years ago, but today many are rare, or even extinct.
- The report suggests that the species most at risk are the plants associated with arable habitats - including highly threatened species such as cornflower and shepherd's needle.
- Prints of the cornflower and shepherd's needle are available from the English Nature Press Office.
Definition of shepherd's needle in:
- The British & World English dictionary