Definition of shepherd's purse in English:
A widely distributed white-flowered weed of the cabbage family, with triangular or heart-shaped seedpods.
- Capsella bursa-pastoris, family Brassicaceae
- That food consists of various seeds - including grasses, alfalfa, nettles, thistles, shepherd's purse and cranesbill - as well as grain stolen from area farms.
- Broadleaf winter annual weeds, such as blue mustard, tansy mustard, tumble mustard, field pennycress, and shepherd's purse, are very competitive with winter wheat because they compete with the crop throughout most of its life cycle.
- They have been sampling the sites for seeds of hairy nightshade, shepherd's purse, burning nettles, and other common weeds.
Definition of shepherd's purse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan