- Coat (iron or steel) with zinc by heating it in contact with zinc dust.More example sentences
- Appendices give guidance on those requirements to be agreed between the interested parties and on sherardizing in general.
- Requirements for cleaning and pre-treatment of the galvanized or sherardised steel products prior to powder coating are also specified.
- Other techniques include electroplating, mechanical plating, and sherardising, painting with zinc-rich coatings and zinc spraying or metallising.
early 20th century: from the name of Sherard Cowper-Coles (1867–1936), English inventor, + -ize.
More definitions of sherardizeDefinition of sherardize in:
- The British & World English dictionary