- (In Scotland) the clerk of a sheriff’s court.More example sentences
- The Minister also announced a separate order to raise to 30,000 the maximum value of an estate for which a sheriff clerk can prepare an inventory and declaration to finalise the estate without the need for a solicitor.
- The back page of the inventory form C1 will be changed and with effect from 1 November, the sheriff clerk will only accept this new version of the inventory.
- Remember that the sheriff clerk sits in front of the sheriff whereas the lawyers sit at either side.
More definitions of sheriff clerkDefinition of sheriff clerk in:
- The British & World English dictionary