(also shingleback lizard)
- A slow-moving, heavily built lizard with scales resembling those of pine cones, occurring in arid regions of Australia.
More example sentences
- Trachydosaurus rugosus, family Scincidae
- Bobtails are often known by other names such as shinglebacks, stumpy tails, pinecone lizard and boggi.
- On the way in I saw two shingleback lizards crossing the road; one behind the other.
- Changes in the haematology of shingleback lizards are discussed along with the probable cause for hyperbiliverdinemia.