An agent who is responsible for providing maintenance and supplies for a ship in port.
- The firm was also the ship's husband, and as such they made advances for repairs and expenses.
- Manifestly shrewd and inventive in the volatile mercantile rivalry of the Pacific, Lucas, after a period as ship's husband, returned to Sydney in 1901 as Burns Philp's island manager.
- She was worth $70,000, and her business as ship's husbands was from $2,000 to $4,000 per year.
ship's husbandry noun
- Example sentences
- The cup is presented for overall efficiency, for operational efficiency, for ship's husbandry, for seamanship, for training levels, for supply and for resourcefulness.
- The ship's husbandry agent will liaise and assist the master in fulfilling all his obligations.
- But ship's husbandry is our specialty; it's what we're known for and the most important service we provide.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: ship's hus·band
Definition of ship's husband in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.