- A ship’s captain.More example sentences
- The origin of the museum was the East India Marine Society, founded in 1799 by shipmasters and supercargoes who had collectively amassed 4300 objects made in the Orient.
- They were carried before the Governor, with the shipmaster and the supercargo.
- The mainland Northlanders all tended to be brutal - shipmasters, raiding the coasts of nearby kingdoms, pillaging and burning.
More definitions of shipmasterDefinition of shipmaster in:
- The British & World English dictionary