- A young pig, especially one that is newly weaned.More example sentences
- My uncle would go to the auction over at Logan County Stockyards on the edge of Booneville and get a couple of shoats (young just-weaned hogs).
- He also tells a story about how Uncle John bought a shoat and ate until he vomited and then left the rest.
- In many areas where there are feral pigs, wild sows and piglets are captured, male shoats castrated, and then the pigs are housed or penned.
late Middle English: of unknown origin; compare with West Flemish schote.
More definitions of shoatDefinition of shoat in:
- The British & World English dictionary