- A strategy that uses violent or extreme action or imagery to shock someone into doing something: they are prepared to use shock tactics to get their message acrossMore example sentences
- Although the organisation uses shock tactics, it has not been directly involved in any violent action.
- Using human bone as an art-making material seems manipulative, a shock tactic.
- This is the kind of shock tactic that is his trademark.
More definitions of shock tacticDefinition of shock tactic in:
- The British & World English dictionary