A person who makes shoes and other footwear as a profession.
More example sentences
- The balls were probably made by a souter (a shoemaker or cobbler), whose stitching skills were essential to producing a good ball.
- Quality shoemakers know this and offer a wide range of comfortable footwear options.
- Craftsmen plied their trades as cloth makers, shoemakers, tailors, carpenters, butchers and malt makers while weekly or monthly markets provided an outlet for surplus agricultural produce.
- More example sentences
- For example, a shoemaker would limit his activity to shoemaking.
- A portion of the immigrants were skilled artisans who typically replicated their old-world crafts of shoemaking and repairing, tailoring, carpentry, and barbering.
- In addition, job training and employment opportunities are being offered in various sectors such as shoemaking, furniture manufacturing and tourist goods production.