(also shoofly pie)
- A rich pie made with molasses and topped with crumbs.More example sentences
- His wife is not Amish, but she does make a mean shoo-fly pie.
- Next I wanted to send the pie to someone I knew liked shoo-fly pies, my uncle and his wife in Florida.
- As the shoo-fly pie bakes, a gooey wet bottom will form in the pie crust, below the molasses crumb cake.
from the US interjection shoo-fly (referring to the need to wave flies away from the sweet treacle).
More definitions of shoo-fly pieDefinition of shoo-fly pie in:
- The British & World English dictionary