- A person elected by workers, for example in a factory, to represent them in dealings with management.More example sentences
- I was considered to be a promising worker at Harris Scarfe and a good shop steward.
- Down the road at Vauxhall car plant a shop steward with a megaphone addressed a factory gate meeting.
- His father, Billy, was a shop steward who regularly took him on union marches.
More definitions of shop stewardDefinition of shop steward in:
- The British & World English dictionary