- Leisure time spent ashore by a sailor: the hall was full of sailors on shore leaveMore example sentences
- The pubs used to shut at nine then and he came home drunk with these two Dutch sailors on shore leave.
- On shore leave in Manila, he meets up with Yuddy on the eve of a disastrous lapse in judgment.
- John Prescott, then working as a steward for Cunard cruise liners, was home on shore leave.
More definitions of shore leaveDefinition of shore leave in:
- The British & World English dictionary